Quickie Jakarta for Samsung World Tour

>> Friday, November 11, 2011

Lucky me (seriously lucky, no joke) that I got to go to Jakarta, Indonesia for a Samsung event. Nah, I won't be touching on the event there. Work la, don't want to talk too much about it wtf.

Anyway, once we got there, we were rushed for a quick tour in the bus. So most of the pictures you see is mostly from inside the bus wtf.

Picture dump starting NOW:


This is our first stop. Some place like Sungei Wang but WAY bigger. This is the first time I had seen so many optical shops. Like the WHOLE row!!! It created like an optical illusion (pun intended wtf) as if a mirror is there. But thankfully couldn't see my reflection. Or my face will just splat over there wtf.


The Indonesia Monument. That's the closest we were able to go wtf.


You couldn't imagine my joy when I saw the beds. One for me and another one for me! My dream of sleeping horizontally came true wtf. Sadly, there is no time for rest fml.


The view from my room Shangri-la offered. Err, that's all wtf.


Ritz Carlton's shopping area. Reminds me of JW Marriot in KL but much brighter wtf.


My attempt at not sucking with fine dining fail miserably.... T.T


The power of bamboo. Who needs steels? We should adopt this. Maybe Jackie Chan will come.


Just because I can.


Our last stop before heading to airport. That shrimp was looking at me like "I dare you to eat me!" and I did wtf.


Oh, that's the name of our last stop.

Err, that's about it. Not so bad right? I feel like a mix of food blogger blend with architecture photographer wtf.

Seriously, there was really no time for me to sit and observe people. If there was time, you'll get to see at least one crummy picture of myself. You know, vain pot attempt wtf.

Here's two things I learnt from the tour guide while I was in Jakarta.

Private own cars need to have at the very least three passengers. If not, the police can saman! Yea, they will fine you 300,000 Rupiah! So the driver's solution is to pick up passengers along the way. There will be people standing on the road with their index finger pointing up showing them that they are available. Best part is, other than the free ride, they get PAID for siting in the car. From 25,000 Rupiah onwards. I could do that as a side income wtf.

Another thing was the fact that you can really see the divide between the poor and the rich. Just look at the houses and you'll know. It moves gradually from wooden houses to brick houses to high rise apartments. But according to our tour guide, even the poor can make money. They will normally stand around U-turn or traffic light asking for money. And in a day, they can earn 10,000 Rupiah. So in a year, their 'income' is 3,000,000 Rupiah. Not a lot but it is enough to survive.


Calv out

1 thought/s:

sac LV May 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM  

The Nike Zoom Kobe 7 is the 7th signature sneaker for Kobe Bryant by Nike Basketball shoes. This pair serves as the seventh installment of the Zoom Kobe line and carries over the low cut aesthetic introduced on the kobe bryant shoes and seen on the Nike Zoom Kobe V and Nike Zoom Kobe VI. The shoe is reliant on Zoom Air cushioning and Flywire construction as well as an ankle collar.You can find all nba all star basketball shoes in our store,and take it with a cheap price!

About This Blog

All about promoting taking pictures using your camera phone. Of course i am including my stories in this blog! There will be pictures, either taken by camera/camera phone or drawn by pen.

Thanks for visiting me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP