Names, literally

>> Monday, July 25, 2011

Yes, that is what you get if you come up with names for yourself. Here's why, recently I have been seeing a lot of self-given names that is really dumb or DUMB. Wei Lian would agree with me too because she have heard her share of "wan taufu" names. Seriously, some times, i feel like these people purposely dropped the letters in Scrabble and pick anything that sound like a word.

Having names according to days, months and seasons is still bearable but there is a fine line between a name and being made fun off. This post may or may not offend you people out there. OK, so maybe it can offend people so readers are advise to be careful

Here's a warning sign:



Don't say I didn't warn you!

Apple:



Ever watch Annoying Orange? Ever wonder what happen to Apple?

Winky:



Aww, ye who love to wink get to be called Winky. Be thankful it is not Wanker.

Twinkle:



Look at you, so small and tiny you shiver like the rest of stars up in the sky. Only visible at night and in the crowded space with other Twinkles too. At night eh? Hooker? Nooooo.....

Sunny/Summer:



So bright and hot, you thought you were. Wait until you meet Cloudy and Rainy. That should dampen your spirit.

Gummy:



Alright.. I got nothing for this one... Seriously? Food? Might as well name yourself Burger. And Gummy is giving me weird stares..... Scary..

Candy/Sweetie:



Definitely attract a lot of ants there. Hang out with Sunny or Summer and look at yourself melt. Not that sweet any more.

Candle:



Wow, if I don't know you, I would have guess that you are into S&M. Err, no it's not Science and Machinery.

To tell the truth, I am not sure what is the motive of having weird first names. If that's what it takes to be cool or successful, I'll pass man. If it's to have the most unique name of all, then you'll get it: awkward stares.

Imagine this -

You: What a sunny day.

Sunny: You called me?

You: No, I didn't call you, sweetie.

Sweetie: I didn't know you know me!

Sunny: Who is this woman????

You: No, no, I really don't know her. I was just sweet talking you, gummy bear.

Gummy: Yes? Do I know you?

Sunny: Now you are hitting on another girl???? Good bye!

You: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it could happen.

P.S. - The author's normal and sensible name was given by his loving parents. So sweet of them. No, not you Sweetie.

2 thought/s:

pinkbag July 27, 2011 at 11:49 PM  

sarcastic much but i love it!

Calv_K August 28, 2011 at 11:52 PM  

I'm sure you encounter some too.

About This Blog

All about promoting taking pictures using your camera phone. Of course i am including my stories in this blog! There will be pictures, either taken by camera/camera phone or drawn by pen.

Thanks for visiting me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP