Blog Day: 6 Blogs I recommend

>> Sunday, August 28, 2011

So what up people? The ceiling (Sorry, I can't help it wtf). It's been a long time since I tried any blog contest so here goes. I will try to recommend 6 great blogs for Blog Day that I encountered.



So what's the lowdown on Blog Day? It was created "with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest" (Nuffnang, August 2011). Fuiyo, I still remember how to cite like a thesis. Not that I ever want to do it again wtf. Nuffnang will be celebrating the 6th Blog Day on 31st August 2011! Hey, what a coincidence! That's our Independence Day yo! Good timing wtf.

Check out my fav six bloggers (click on the title to go to their blog).

Hana's Journal Life



First off, as I am (trying ever so hard) learning the Japanese language for fun and my own benefit. I love to read Japanese manga, watch anime and recently I struck gold finding this blogger's artwork. I discovered this Malaysian blogger few months ago and have been reading his/her blog. I cannot imagine being an illustrator and the blogger really helps me sees it.

What's cool about the blog is that, the writer knows what he/she is illustrating about. Dubbed as a Japanholic, the blogger really took his time to learn Japanese art style . You can actually see that most of his post features a drawing or two in Japanese manga drawing style. Also, let's not forget that the blogger did his/her own anime. Simple but the drawings are good. Songs and anime recommendations are there too. If you like something about the Japanese, it is worth checking out this Japanholic's blog.

Nasi Hangit



Next on the entry is this dude. Food blogger he is not. If I need some entertainment, I'll just head over here. Seriously, the stuffs he posted up are funny and he can blog quite well too. Quick to catch my attention with many ways, I always ended up clicking on "Read More." The blogger definitely has a different sense of humour compared to mine.

Best part is that he took the effort to find a lot of funny images, gif or test to entertain us. He is always surprising me by playing a trick on some of the posts. I know that I fell for it quite a number of times (why am I so gullible wtf). These many funny entries are kind of hard to find and it is cool to have it all in one blog. Bring out the prankster in you by using his entries!

Gloson Blog



Check out this 13-year old Malaysian kid named Gloson as he can teach you a thing or two about utilising social media. I swallowed my ego just to read his whole blog learning about blogging. Hey, I am not a professional like this little dude. Currently he is staying at a hostel so don't expect updates on a daily basis. But when he does update, you get smarter. The age gap is huge and he look at things in his own perspectives.

Did I mention that at age 11, Gloson has his own funny poem book? Wait, he has TWO books published! Yea, thanks for making me feel useless wtf. Anyway... That's credibity! Reading his blog, all I know is that ONE, he is more mature than me wtf and TWO, I know more about how to write in a blog and what to do with my blog with the help of social media.

Project Ideas



Yes, yes, I know I am a your typical guy reading things I don't understand but I can't help it. This blogger is suggesting ideas. Not just any ideas but projects that you can work on to benefit others too. It covers from students projects to iPhone apps to mechanical projects. What I love about it is that he actually thought of the ideas and put a fresh look at it. Heck, I can never think like that.

If you are a mechanical, engineer, biology, chemistry and whatever student, you can find his blog very useful. Don't worry as there are tips and videos on how to perform it. The only sad thing here is that I need to Google the terms used (another blog that challenged my intelligence, great wtf). Let your teachers and lecturers jaw drop to the floor when you complete his projects.

Travel and Photography



Let me present to you Mr. Herbert Wong's blog. Personally, I love photography as a hobby. I can take decent pictures, that's all wtf. Anyway, this Singaporean guy, really loves to travel. He carries a camera with him and make use of it while travelling. The results? Magnificent pictures. He sees things that I can't imagine while taking photographs.

I rather not call them pictures or photographs because it feels more like "memories" to me. A very crisp and clear memory of places he's been to. The reason why I like his blog is because of the pictures. You get to see things you cannot see in Malaysia and the picture really takes my breath away. It actually feels that I am there looking at his scenery.

The Mobile Photography Blog



All the way from India, here's a blog that I can really appreciate. We've all known that with a decent camera or DSLR, you can capture great pictures. And that's true as you can find a million photography blogs. This blogger, Raghavendra Chakravarthy, decided otherwise. He take pictures with a camera phone. Surprisingly, there are quite a number of good pictures out of it.

One thing I like the most is that the pictures are not edited. There is also no help from any apps, be it Instagram or Vignette. Just purely Nokia 5130 Xpress Music. I never thought that someone can actually produce very good image from it but he manages to do so. The quality varies but you can see that he really loves it. I hope to find more blogs like this in the future.



Well, here are my 6 picks for Blog Day. Hopefully you will support them by visiting their blogs!

4 thought/s:

Raghavendra August 30, 2011 at 12:15 AM  

Thanks for telling about my blog and for motivating me.

Calv_K August 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

No problem. Keep up the good work. I really like it that you took a different approach in photography. =)

yo87 August 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

Guest who I'm? I'm not a food blogger. ;D Tq dude for recommend my blog.

Trolling you since 1971. Hahaha :D

Calv_K August 31, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

Hahaha, no problem man. Just keep up the good work! Bring on the funnies!

Stalking your blog since 1971!

About This Blog

All about promoting taking pictures using your camera phone. Of course i am including my stories in this blog! There will be pictures, either taken by camera/camera phone or drawn by pen.

Thanks for visiting me

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP